Four New Members Also Elected to CO-OP Board of Directors
Chuck Purvis, Coastal Federal Credit Union of Raleigh, North Carolina, was elected May 8 by the Board of Directors of CO-OP Financial Services to serve as the company’s Board Chairperson.
Purvis has served on the Board since 2013, including the past year as Vice-Chairperson/Chairperson-Elect. He has been President/CEO of Coastal Federal Credit Union since 2012, originally joining the credit union in 2001. In 2018, he was the recipient of the NCUF’s Herb Wegner Award for Outstanding Individual Achievement.
“I congratulate Chuck on his election to Chairperson of CO-OP,” said Allan McMorris, President/CEO, Vibe Credit Union, of Novi, Michigan, his immediate predecessor as Chairperson. “Chuck will be leading a group of industry professionals who are utterly committed to the success of the credit union movement, and they see the role CO-OP plays as essential to that success.”
In addition to Purvis, by vote of the Board, two other credit union leaders were elected to Officer positions on CO-OP’s Board of Directors:
- Benson Porter, elected Vice-Chairperson/Chairperson-Elect. Porter is President/CEO of BECU of Tukwila, Washington.
- Joan Opp, elected Treasurer/Secretary. Opp is President/CEO of Stanford FCU of Palo Alto, California.
And, by vote at the company annual shareholders meeting on the same day, four additional credit union leaders were elected by acclamation to join the Board:
- John Janclaes, President/CEO of Partners Federal Credit Union of Burbank, California.
- Theresa Mann, President/CEO of The Partnership Federal Credit Union of Alexandria, Virginia.
- Todd Marksberry, President/CEO of Canvas Credit Union of Englewood, Colorado.
- Dave Mooney, President/CEO of Alliant Credit Union of Chicago, Illinois.
The Board of Directors of CO-OP Financial Services consists of 11 members. In addition to the seven members mentioned above, the four other members of the Board include Jackie Buchanan, Genisys Credit Union, Auburn Hills, Michigan; Robert Chavez, Sandia Laboratory FCU, Albuquerque, New Mexico; Wayne Grosse, Bethpage FCU, Bethpage, New York; and Lisa Schlehuber, Elements Financial FCU, Indianapolis, Indiana.
For more information, visit www.co-opfs.org.
About CO-OP Financial Services
CO-OP Financial Services is a payments and financial technology company whose mission is ensuring the success of the credit union movement. CO-OP payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service. For more information, visit www.coop.org.