A dollar went a whole lot further back in the day. In fact, more than 100 years ago four cents bought what a dollar buys today. Back then a loaf of bread was a nickel and steak was $0.25 a pound.
But don’t give up on George, real value still exists for a dollar.
Here are a few things that cost a buck:
- Your favorite song on iTunes is still $.99 but you may have to splurge $1.29 for the latest releases.
- A Krispy Kreme glazed donut is only $.67 when purchased in a dozen. Who doesn’t enjoy a fresh Krispy Kreme?
- The Dollar Menu at McDonalds, Burger King, or Taco Bell.
- Beer – specifically PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon). You can still find this hipster delight for under a buck per can.
- Dollar Shave Club – Your first month is free plus each blade after that costs just a dollar. And their ads are amazing.
- 10 meals for hungry kids – At No Kid Hungry your dollar donation to this worthy cause ensures 10 healthy, hearty meals for a child in need. Of course you should probably donate more.
- A $1 a day donation at Generosity.org or Pure Water for the World brings safe water to two people each month.
- And, a cloud-based core solution for your credit union.
Yes, it’s true. CUProdigy, a CUSO staffed by passionate credit union professionals, has leveraged web-browsers and cloud technology to deliver a very modern core data processing solution. Their mantra is to have credit unions “Join the $1 Core Revolution!” and get away from the legacy core software business models.
Here’s CUProdigy’s very simple pricing model: $1 per member per month.
The $1 includes ALL of their core software, including all future enhancements. CUProdigy doesn’t use a traditional software-licensing model and refuses to do module based pricing. And, if you want a brand new interface or a third-party integration, it’s included too. They won’t charge for their development portion. Likewise, if you want an existing interface or integration they already built, it’s included too. They don’t “resell” something to one credit union that they already created for another credit union. Their whole concept is to create an open ecosystem for technology and a collaborative ecosystem with vendors.
We are honored to have CUProdigy as a Platinum partner and excited to include them in our Network Lounge at the 2018 NACUSO Network Conference in Anaheim next month.